I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father created different seasons. And that we get to experience all of them(if only for a short while this winter) here in Arkansas. Spring weather has come so early this year, but I love it! The daffodils started blooming in January. I couldn't believe it.
Today we decided to go see the Daffodil Field on Wye Mountain. Unfortunately, because of the unusual warm weather lately most of them were already gone. :( We were a little disappointed because the main reason we went was to take pictures with them. But, we still enjoyed those that were left and just being outside. Aria and Adam especially enjoyed running around the open field. It was so nice to just get out, admire nature, and spend time with family.
They had a craft barn there as well...it's always fun to see what people can make. My Mom bought Aria a little wooden chair/stool. The back of the chair folds down and makes the bottom step of the stool. Isn't that cool? She loves it already. She's always climbing up on stools and chairs so this will be perfect for her. Now I just need to paint it...probably white. :S I'm not very crafty, but surely I can do this without messing it up. Kayla gave me the wonderful idea of putting Aria's handprints on it and then adding others as we pass it down from child to child. I like it!
This afternoon we went on a tour at Heifer Ranch here in Perryville. We used to go every once in a while when I was a kid. It's a great place to see and learn about animals. And it's free! Aria liked the water buffalo and baby goats the best. Besides the animals, though, they have gardens and houses built like in other countries. They have volunteers that help there and learn about other countries and how they can help them be more self-sufficient. They then go over to those countries to help them and even have some people from other countries come here to learn different things to take back. It's very similar to the Humanitarian aid that our church(The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) does. There are so many opportunities all around us to help others.
We had a fun day, filled with the beauties of nature. How grateful I am for all that we have to enjoy. Sometimes we just need to take time to look around and really see all that Heavenly Father has created for us. Aria is helping me to see that more and more as she loves to be outside.
P.S. We finally found a car for Brad! :) It's a 2002 Ford Escort ZX2. It seems to be a good car, and very stylish. I'm grateful to have my van back and the freedom to go places on my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment