Today was busy and crazy and hectic...but so good. We got up somewhat early to put up my Mom's swimming pool she bought. It says on the box that it will be ready to fill with water in 45 minutes. Maybe so if your ground is already level and you've put up a pool before and know what you're doing. Ours took several hours. But, alas, we now have a pool. It will be so nice to have somewhere to cool off on these very hot summer days we keep having.
We decided to put Aria in the pool when there was just about 4-5 inches of water in it. She LOVED it! It was so cute to watch her. She would sit there and splash the water and then crawl around(which surprised her by splashing water in her face). Then she would find the edge of the pool, stand up and beat on it. I, of course, was so nervous about her falling over and getting her face in the water. But Brad said she would be fine and to give her some space, so I did. And she was fine.
Then after rushing around like crazy trying to get ready, we went to the Pioneer Day Celebration at church. It was amazing! We picked up Kevin's kids and took them. It was fun to have them with us. Dana, my Mom, and I spent the last few days decorating and it finally all came together and looked wonderful. They had so many great ideas and thankfully my Mom had all kinds of pioneer-ish things to decorate with. The food was so good...hot dogs, hamburgers, and sides to go with it. Then the program was wonderful. Several kids and adults read passages from pioneers and in between there were little musical numbers. There is so much talent in our little branch...especially with the youth. And then my favorite...the Virginia Reel. :) My dear sweet husband left after dinner to go to work, leaving me partnerless. But my wonderful brother, Eric, danced with me. So much fun! I wish we(our society) did things like that more often. Those kinds of dances are so much fun and they're clean, "good, wholesome recreation". They also had an activity for the children...making rag dolls. So I decided to make one for Aria. I'm not a crafty person at all so I was a little scared of them. But they were SO easy.
It was such a wonderful evening. I love everyone in this Branch so much! I always leave church activities or even church itself with such a good feeling because of all the people. I hope we never have to move away.
No comments:
Post a Comment